I. love. pumpkin. Just the word pumpkin excites me.
As soon as fall arrived, I started concocting pumpkin recipes. These scones were inevitable.
When they first came out of the oven, I didn’t have the patience for them to cool so they could be glazed. They were still the perfect treat, bursting with pumpkin flavor and fall spices. The next day I created a spicy icing. Alone, the icing was very potent, but on the scones they are amazing, accenting the scones.
This recipes makes 8 large scones, but you can make smaller scones if desired.
While I was cutting the scones, I got a little confused as to how to cut the rectangle into triangles. A simple technique is to form the dough into an 8 x 6 inch rectangle and then cut it into 4 smaller rectangles. Cut each rectangle diagonally, creating 2 triangles.
These were the perfect treat to satisfy my pumpkin craving. What’s your favorite ingredient to bake with?
More Pumpkin Recipes:
- – Laura’s Baking Talent – Pumpkin Granola
- – Crazy for Crust – Pumpkin Magic Bars
- – Something Swanky – Pumpkin Oreo Cheesecake Bars
- – Five Heart Home – Pumpkin Vanilla Parfaits with Maple Cinnamon Pecan Granola
- – Two Peas and Their Pod – Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes
PS: Happy Columbus Day!