Loaf with cinnamon topping and cinnamon swirl
After making Snickerdoodles, I couldn’t stop thinking about all that cinnamony and buttery goodness. I wanted more of it! I was thinking of ways to incorporate these flavors again and came up with the idea of a loaf.
The base is simply vanilla, with an added cinnamon swirl and cinnamon sugar topping.
I loved every part of these slices – the cake, the swirl, the topping. When I eat a treat, I pick a favorite part and save it for last. For instance, I always save the very top of a cupcake with frosting for the end. For this loaf though, I couldn’t pick a favorite. My last bites were divided up equally with one bite of cake, one bite of swirl and one bite of topping.
- 8 ounces lite silken tofu
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend lite silken tofu, almond milk, canola oil, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in blender.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Mix all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in measuring cup.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Grease an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tsp sugar in small bowl.
- Pour half of batter into pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Top with remaining batter and spread out with spatula.
- Combine 2 tbsp sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle on top of loaf.
- Bake for 60 – 75 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool on wire rack.
Which part do you think you would like the most?