An easy peanut butter bar with no added oil
Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and your year is off to a terrific start!
Today I am back with an easy peanut butter bar. It is sweetened with maple syrup, which gives these bars a special touch. There is no added oil, so you can feel OK about indulging in these bars.
I had some leftover Christmas Peanut M&Ms, so I folded them into the dough. Chocolate chips or other candies would also pair nicely in these bars.
If you opt to use Peanut M&Ms, be careful when slicing. Make sure you slice all the way into the bar so you don’t bust up the bar.
What would you add to the bar?
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup peanut M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 11 x 7 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, mix peanut butter, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and almond milk.
- In measuring cup, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Fold dry mixture into liquid mixture and mix until combined.
- Add peanut M&Ms and mix into dough.
- Press dough into greased pan. Sprinkle extra M&Ms on dough and press into dough.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until edges of bars are light brown. Bars will feel soft.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing into bars.