Banish winter blues with a tropical lime ice cream
So, I’m back from another unintended hiatus. Things have gotten sorta busy for me, but that doesn’t mean I don’t yearn to be in the kitchen concocting new treats and sharing them with you. In honor of my hopefully more consistent return, I am taking you on another trip to the Caribbean. (Especially needed thanks to Phil’s prediction)
Remember these Lime Chocolate Chunk Cookies? Well, I have the absolute perfect complement today – Lime Ice Cream! The two together – the perfect treat! I had planned on making a blizzard – like this one, but then, spur of the moment, I opted for a simple sandwich. It was a great decision! This cream is even delicious with plain chocolate chip cookies.
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Bring two cans of coconut milk to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove pan from heat.
- Whisk in sugar, lime juice, zest and vanilla. Make sure everything is fully dissolved.
- Allow to chill overnight in refrigerator. Once completely chilled, transfer to loaf pan.
- Place lime mixture in freezer. Every 30 minutes use handheld mixture to beat mixture. Continue to do this for three hours.
- Ice cream can either be eaten right away or left in freezer to completely harden.
- If eating the next day, allow to thaw at least 10 minutes before eating.