Fudgy chocolate muffins made with avocado
April 30th. That’s the last day I ran. I remember how I felt. I remember the song I listened to around mile 4. I didn’t suspect anything was wrong. Well, OK maybe I did feel a twinge the day before and about halfway through my run, but I ignored it. It wasn’t too big of a deal.
Just 5 hours later, I was in tremendous pain – couldn’t sit or stand. Now nearly 6 weeks later I’m still uncertain of my running future. Will I run again and have that feeling that I can conquer anything – or be confined to a beach cruiser named Bonnie ( story for another day )?
I can only hope I’ll run again, but I’m just not there yet. Until then, I have to contemplate – can I still call myself a runner?
While I wait for that answer, I’ll just eat all these Chocolate Avocado Muffins. I must admit I was a little reluctant to bake with avocado. I’ve heard of so many recipes, but I just wasn’t sure I’d like them. At first I didn’t really love them, but once I got over the fact they had avocado I devoured them. I hope you love them, too!
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray or line with liners.
- Mash avocado in large bowl. Once mashed, mix in oil and sugar.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and mix into avocado mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide up evenly into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.