A healthier snack to pull you out of your afternoon slump
I’m the biggest contradiction ever – when it comes to healthy eating that is. From 6am to 1 pm, I stay on track. I usually have the same thing for breakfast – yogurt (and sometimes granola) and lunch (almost always salad,) but as soon as I have that last bite of salad, I’m craving something else – and it always goes downhill from there.
That’s why I needed a healthier afternoon treat.
- 4 overripe bananas
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup peanuts, unsalted
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking sheet.
- Mash bananas in large bowl. Once mashed, mix in oil and sugar.
- Add flours, baking soda and salt and mix into banana mixture.
- Fold in peanuts, raisins and oatmeal. Sprinkle chocolate chunks on top.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Do you have any secrets for staying full and not snacking all day? I need to know all your secrets 😉