A vegan ice cream bar made with frozen bananas
It’s weird how my season cravings come on. & no – I’m not solely talking about food 😉
Just the other week, I suddenly longed for cool fall days, pumpkins on front porches, wearing sweaters and so much more. But normally around Christmas time, I can’t wait for things to get back to normal. Don’t get me wrong, I love Christmas time and all the traditions, but it’s the semi-depression that follows that I can’t stand. All the pomp and circumstance is gone and we must all return to our mundane activities.
Basically they’re my favorite smoothie frozen with a delicious chocolate cookie crust. Hope you love them as much as I do!
- 10 oz chocolate cookies
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cashew milk, or your favorite nondairy milk
- 3 frozen bananas, preferably broken in fourths
- 3 cups unsweetened cashew milk, or your favorite nondairy milk
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 5 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 9 tbsp peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, pulse chocolate cookies until they resemble small crumbs. Add in sugar and canola oil. Then add cashew milk. Press into prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- In a blender, combine bananas, 3 cups cashew milk, brown sugar, cocoa powder and peanut butter. Scrape down sides and blend again. Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Place in freezer until bars are set, at least 8 hours. Thaw 30 minutes or until soft enough to slice into bars.